We use lengths of this 1/4″ silicon hose to connect various accessories because it does not easily kink and is food and medical safe.
Sold by the foot. Make sure to add more feet to your shopping cart if you need a longer length.
- 1/8″ inner diameter, 1/4″ outer diameter – (3.17 x 6.35 mm) – small tube that will fit over barbs up to 4mm in diameter.
- Good wall thickness, does not collapse easily. Silicone stretches and does not kink/collapse.
- UV resistant; does not deteriorate outdoors. Extremely durable.
- Insulates extreme heat and cold, works from -100°F to +500°F.
- BPA and lead free; food safe, medical safe.
Plastic, clear vinyl and PVC hoses age and crack or collapse when bent. Silicone stays flexible. Silicone is UV resistant; it does not age and deteriorate outdoors. The tube is very pliable and stretchy, allowing you to make tight turns and stretch it over barbs that are a little too big. This size (1/8 * 1/4) is quite small – This tube has a thick 1.6mm wall so it can accommodate a bend radius of approximately 10mm – you can make a 1 inch U-turn without the tube collapsing when empty. And what is so awesome about silicone, is that even if it collapses, it will spring back without any creases, because the material is incredibly stretchy and resilient to damage.